Dare to Care

Creating, Contributing, Communicating, Connecting, Collaborating & Curating

My World

| 3 Comments

my-world

I created a picture of my world today on The Open University Create Your World.

Roughly from left to right, here’s what my picture represents:

• Good conversations with new friends here, and also faraway friends and online connections
  • Brain research, thinking, questioning and teaching the ABCs and more to five-year-old Arabic children
  • Jesus, the Tree of Life,¬†bringing shade to the world, as well as standing over the puzzle piece of my life
  • Wedding rings represent my husband and me
  • Two flowers for our two lovely daughters
  • Good books, fruit, creativity and art are some of my favorite things

Am I a Planet-protecting, probing motivator? I’d like to think so! :)

Sheri Edwards created a wonderful connected language lesson using this Inspiring Learning: My World app.

Read all about the picture of her world and her middle school lesson plan on her class blog post called: “#teach2blog About Me World Ms Edwards

Author: Denise Krebs

I'm the chief learner in life's adventure.

3 Comments

1. I love this. I love how the center is your family and all else balances that focus. You are certainly motivating to others and yourself, probing to find answers and gifts to better the world.

Thanks for adding another world and sharing the idea with others.

2. Thanks, Sheri,
    It was fun to visit your class blog this morning and see what’s been going on there. I definitely miss middle school lesson plans and doing things like this with them.

However, this was one lesson I can adapt for my Kindergarten students! Great vocabulary learning as they pick the pictures they want to add to their world. I’ll be sure to send you a link when we do it. (I’m getting an interactive whiteboard in my room this year, so I think this will be fun!)

Blessings to you, friend,
    Denise

3. Denise,

I loved the my world idea! I even went and made one myself, and rightfully so, I got young at heart. I think kids would love to play around with this app! It is fun and interactive. Thanks for sharing!