Why?

Do I hate trump more than I love Jesus? That’s a big question I need to answer.

Why?

Because in my life lately it seems hate is trumping love.

Why?

Because I spend more time watching news and these dark days of trumpidity than I do in meditation and prayer.

Why?

Good question. Because the news is on my smart phone under my fingertips. I’ve paid for NYT and Wapo subscriptions. I use Twitter and Instagram and… and…and…

Why?

Yes, why indeed? I read and view with my mouth agape at the disasters that continually befall our nation. Like a train wreck, I can’t stop watching and reading.

Why?

OK. I guess I can stop watching. I just don’t want to or won’t.

Why?

Because I want to be in control.

Why? 

You’re right. That doesn’t make me in control. Maybe because I don’t think God is controlling things right now.

Why?

It never stops–trump, the GOP, police brutality, racism, hatred, state-sanctioned murder and no accountability. Coronavirus infections. Mask wars, Russian interference, Russian bounties and…

Why?

That’s a good question. All the more reason to spend more time in meditation and prayer.

Today is Thursday, Day 128 in Bahrain’s coronavirus time, day 93 of The Isolation Journals with Suleika Jaouad. Today’s prompt is by Suleika by way of Brian Blanchfield. She challenged us to “Look through your past journal entries. Without overthinking it, choose a sentence that intrigues you. Imagine a flashing cursor (or some annoyingly precocious four-year-old) at the end of it, asking why? Answer the question, then ask it again. Continue until you’ve gotten to the heart of the matter.”

2 thoughts on “Why?

1. I’m going to have to take you up on that… “All the more reason to spend more time in meditation and prayer.” It’s getting to me, too, Denise. I hope and pray it’s getting to those who are still thinking of voting for him again. I hope they are seeing his true stripes and really asking what he’s doing for (or against) this country. I know one thing – he’s dividing us further. 🙁 Yes – “All the more reason to spend more time in meditation and prayer.” Let’s get off this tool and go sit somewhere quiet.

1. That’s right, sister! Thanks. I am making new goals–for instance, setting a timer to limit time on Twitter. That is a crazy place these days.