March 2 – Super Duck Baby

March 2, 2023 TwoWritingTeachers.org

“Let’s go thrifting,” my daughter said, when I asked her what she wanted to do yesterday on that cold and dreary, rainy/snowy day.

“Sounds good,” I said, as I pulled on my waterproof hiking boots.

At the first stop, we hit the jackpot–half price books and clothes were buy one, get one free. Those were the two things we were looking for for the baby.  I pushed the stroller around and looked at all the colorful things with baby. Maria dug in and found some good deals. Then we joined the queue. When it was our turn, the sales clerk said, “Oh, it’s a duck baby!”

I looked around. Then my daughter and I both looked at her, with the expectation of “tell us more.”

Then she laughed, and said, “His downy hair! My kids had that too.”

“Oh,” we laughed too.

“Let’s go Super Duck Baby! Time for the next thrift shop!”

This is what our cold day left us yesterday. Now the sun is out, and the snow will melt. Hopefully, the carpenters and roofers will be able to come and finally be able to finish our porch, skylight and new roof.  So the baby, Maria and I are off to more thrift stores in Palm Springs for warmer weather and to get away from the nails pounding.

I am participating in the March Slice of Life Challenge: A slice a day for all of March. Thank you, Two Writing Teachers! 

5 thoughts on “March 2 – Super Duck Baby

1. Awww, duck baby! What a cute name for that short stage of fluffy standing-up hair! Thanks to your checker, and then to you for sharing this sweetness.

2. Duck baby. How cute. I never thought about it that way before, but many little ones do have that downy fluff. And I think I’m ready for a little thrifting myself. May have to head out this weekend and do that.

3. I’m shocked you have snow! How often does that happen? Baby’s hair is cute. My grandson awakens w/ what my son calls “mohawk hair” these days.

1. Hey, Glenda, yes, I was surprised with the snow, I guess too. Last winter, we had it just once. This year, at least six times, maybe more. The mountains around us are covered, and so beautiful!