Dare to Care

create, communicate, collaborate, and think critically

Thanks, eltpics!

krebssmaller

All these images were taken by @mk_elt and shared on #eltpics.

The more I learn about being part of the 21st century digital world we live in, the more I firmly believe it is about creating, contributing, connecting, collaborating and curating. It is so fun to learn something new and to join with others who are doing and sharing these things, as well.

This morning I learned about a resource that dedicated ELT educators are contributing to the world! Thanks to others who were willing to join the conversation, those of us involved in the June, July and August Project (Twitter hashtag #JJAProject) learned about eltpics today. I had never heard of the eltpics Flickr Photostream for teachers until I saw these tweets come by this morning:

eltpics tweets

Thank you to Sandy and Chiew for telling us about the wonderful photos available for educational use from eltpics.

I created the image at the top of this post with photos in a set called “Things Shaped Like Letters” by eltpics shared on Flickr with a Creative Commons BY-NC-2.0 License. I used Big Huge Labs Mosaic Maker to put them all together to spell my name with these lovely organic images. Can you read it?

I’d like to learn how to contribute my own educational photos to the eltpics. Can anyone help me get started?

Author: Denise Krebs

I'm the chief learner in life's adventure.

5 Comments

1. Denise, it’s easy. Load your pics up to a file hosting a/c (eg flickr, twitpix, blogger, etc). Post the link to twitter with the hashtag #eltpics, and that’s it! One of the lovely angels (Sandy, Carol, Fiona…) will see it in their stream and upload it to the ELTPICS a/c in FLickr, and will tweet about it.
    If you want to read about it in greater detail see Sandy’s howto: http://sandymillin.wordpress.com/2011/05/18/how-to-join-in-with-eltpics/

2. HI Denise,
    Chiew beat me to it. Thanks very much for writing this post and for sharing #eltpics with a whole new audience. I learnt about the mosaic maker from your post – I love being part of this world too!
    Sandy

3. @ Denise,

Thanks so much for writing this post and sharing the #eltpics hashtag with me and my blog readers.

Finding quality images that are okay to use in the classroom can be difficult so this information will be very useful!

Thanks again,
    Kathleen Morris

4. Thank you to Chiew and Sandy for commenting here and showing me how to invest my own photos into the #eltpics collection. I have enjoyed doing this the past months.

Thanks, Kathleen, for sharing in the #eltpics gift to educators and students!

Sincerely,
    Denise

5. Pingback: The 2011 Edublog Awards | Dare to Care

Skip to toolbar