My name is Denise Krebs, and I am a K-8 certified teacher.This is how Mrs. Krebs looks, but not quite this brightly colored.

This blog is a place for me to reflect on my learnings about faith, education and life in verse and prose. I hope you will come and read and discuss with me.

In my 28th year of teaching, I’ve been lucky enough to be in a variety of settings from Kindergarten through grade 8 and college pre-service teachers, as well. I’ve been in Arizona, California, Michigan, Iowa and now the small island country of Bahrain. I’ve taught in public and private schools, community recreation programs and universities. Currently I am doing intervention with small groups of students in a bilingual school where native Arabic speakers learn in English and Arabic. We are the oldest private school in Bahrain, with a rich history of graduating amazing alumni who make a difference in the world. By the time our students graduate, they are fully bilingual, ready to add their much-needed voices to the global community. Strong Students. Strong Community. is our tagline.

Please come along on the journey with me. I love to hear and discuss with others around the world.

More About Me
Twitter – @mrsdkrebs
Classroom blogs – http://krebs.edublogs.org

My Picassohead Avatar. Does it look like me?

4 thoughts on “About Denise

1. I’m a journalist. Angela Maiers showed me this project. I’d like to talk to you, if possible, or interview you via e-mail, g-chat or whatever. But I’m on deadline and need to do it soon. Possible?

2. Denise, you are such an inspiration to your students AND their parents. Keep right on doing what you’re doing because our children will certainly benefit from your guidance and enthusiasm!