Vlogging?

I never thought I’d say I was a vlogger. And I won’t say it just yet, but I did join the Fellowship of Open Spokes. The Fellowship “meets” in a connected YouTube channel where educators are sharing and discussing their reflections, questions, and learnings in video format.

You can subscribe to the channel and join in the conversation, even if you don’t want to vlog.

Should you be interested in trying your hand at vlogging, check out this Google Doc with more information. You can also learn more on the Google+ Community called “Reflective Practice Vlogging.”

9 thoughts on “Vlogging?

1. Mrs. Krebs,
    Hi, my name is Kelli Francis! I’m currently a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. Thank you for sharing this post on vlogging! I have not heard of this concept before, but I am always striving to learn new tools and concepts for my classrooms in the future, and I am always open to new ideas. I love the idea of educators sharing their thoughts through videos. YouTube is put to so many uses already, so why not use it for something constructive that will benefit future generations? I also like how you base your educational career off of the idea of the teacher being the biggest learner in the classroom. I think that this is one of the truest statements I have ever heard from an educator! If we do not have the passion for learning ourselves, how can we expect our students to have it? Thank you for your post, and I can’t wait to read more from you soon!

2. Kelli,
    Thank you for stopping by for a visit. I love what you say, “If we do not have the passion for learning ourselves, how can we expect our students to have it?” Amen, sister!

Keep up the great learning! I love what Dr. Strange does. He’s preparing you for a great future.

Sincerely,
    Denise

3. Denise
    I very much enjoyed your video, it is so interesting to see and hear someone, when up unto now it has only been the written word.

Kathryn

1. Kathryn,
      Thanks for watching and coming by. I remember watching a video you made and thinking the same. It is nice to be able to get to know distant friends, at least through video.

Thanks,
      Denise

4. I want to join and collaborate with other educators. I am s preschool director just beginning my phd journey online.

5. Brenna,
    That’s good you are becoming connected and collaborating! It makes a huge difference. Thanks for visiting and following. I just checked out your very great preschool/ministry blog at http://www.brennaphillips.com/

Best wishes on your PhD journey!

Denise

6. Hi Denise,

Loved the video. Even though I’ve had conversations with you over G+ Hangouts and webinars, I still feel like I’m in a room with you having a conversation… Then I followed the rabbit hole and watched Sheri’s video.

I’m hesitant to join because I always want to join everything and then reality hits of what I can actually do and what my priorities should be. So, I’ve been restraining myself. However, I’m closer to the line now because of how powerful vlogging is. Hats of to Ben for starting this community, and to you (and Sheri and others), for joining in.

Kind regards,
    Tracy

1. Hi Tracy,
      Thanks for watching. I decided to take a risk and learn about vlogging first hand. It’s certainly not something that comes naturally to me, that’s for sure. I’m used to editing my thoughts before I publish, but with this medium, it seems to work best with a little spontaneity. Anyway, I’ll give it a try, and hopefully build relationships with the other members of the Fellowship.

I totally understand what you mean about signing up for too many things. I do that. It’s impossible not to, don’t you think? There are so many valuable places to connect and contribute. It’s hard to say no!

Anyway, should you decide to join, you will be welcomed!

Sincerely,
      Denise

7. Hi Denise,
    You are so talented – love the video. Love the images, sound, transitions and content!

Vlogging sure sounds interesting and I’m glad you are being the pioneer for your PLN! Like you I feel comfortable being able to edit my thoughts and ideas before putting them out there. I will follow you to see how your journey goes before jumping in myself.

Thanks for sharing your “Daring-ness!”
    Take care.
    Nancy