Well, I haven’t written since the 9th of May. In April, I had determined I would keep up writing on Tuesdays with the Two Writing Teachers’ Slice of Life challenge. My commitment lasted a few weeks.
Today I’m back. No promises for the future of my Tuesdays, but the summer looks hopeful. This is my first summer since I moved overseas that I won’t be going back to the U.S. for most of the summer. We took our trip home in May for my daughter’s wedding, so I’ll be in Bahrain for the whole hot summer.
I’m actually looking forward to the time to:
- Read Bible stories and pray more than I watch political news
- Participate in Teachers Write – I’ll join a community of teachers who write together this summer. Starts on 10 July.
- Read! I have a pile of more than a dozen elementary, young adult and professional books to read.
- School work! It will be my first summer in years that I like take time to really reflect on last year and then do what I need to do in order to make next year great.
- De-clutter one cupboard or drawer each day. (Where did I get this list? I’m afraid I don’t know.)
- Walk 10,000 steps on as many days a week as I can–at least 4 a week.
- Cook and bake more than I get to during the school year.
What do you have planned for the summer?
A post shared by Denise Krebs (@mrsdkrebs) on