Slice of Life – A Hiking Photo Album

Sept. 12, 2023 TwoWritingTeachers.org
It sounded worse than it was, I think.
So much greenery and water on the trail, which is unusual for late summer in California.
We saw several little waterfalls.
Evidence of boulders blasted to make the trail more passable.
Panorama image from our picnic spot
Epilobium canum (California Fuchsia) – These were such pretty wildflowers dotting the landscape
Tahquitz Rock from where we started our hike
Tahquitz Rock (on the right) from the highest climb of our hike. Do you believe some people climb that face!?

In other news this week…

¡Lo hice! Aprendí español por ocho cien días. Realmente, 803 hoy!

3 thoughts on “Slice of Life – A Hiking Photo Album

1. Love the photos. I’m living vircariously. What a beautiful hike! I hope to one day be able to hike again. Feeling more and more that it will be possible.

2. First, congratulations on 800+ days of Duolingo language learning! Muy impresionante!
    We both got outdoors for our posts—and for our benefit. How stunning is the landscape your photos reveal. Beauty everywhere…I love the flowers. When they are against a rocky backdrop, they pop—as they should. I am also glad to see all that green this time of year in California. Fingers crossed for more of that!

3. This looks like so much fun adventure. Your pictures add a nice touch of actually taking us to your picnic and your hike. I do believe, yes, that people climb that rock. I was on a helicopter tour in Alaska out in the middle of nowhere, and on a very high rock we spotted two lone hikers waaaaaaay up on a rock like that. I never would have believed it if I hadn’t seen it myself, though. One misstep and there is no margin for error. I like seeing your family all together, hiking poles and hats and smiling!