8 thoughts on “Genius Hour: Follow Your Passion

1. Amazing! I will be showing this to my students next week before our Genius Hour begins. They will be so energized!!! Thanks for sharing!

2. Thank you, Mr. Solarz! I’m so glad it may inspire other genius hour learners! My students certainly have fun and remain engaged when they make decisions on what they learn.

Thanks,
    Denise

3. Hi Denise,
    I haven’t done any Genius Hours yet this year, but after viewing your video, that’s definitely going to change. I love it, and my students will love it too. You are truly an inspirational teacher and person. I’m so glad that I “met” you!! I love the GH wiki, too. It has a lot of great resources to help anybody who wants to try GH. I’m hoping to drop by the GH chat on Twitter; I love reading what others are tweeting and it’s so easy to see their enthusiasm. I haven’t been on Twitter for awhile but so glad I did tonight. That’s where I saw the GH Weekly, which then led me to your blog with your wonderful video.

Thanks for sharing!

4. Oh, Kris, it’s nice to see you again! Hope all is well.

It was fun putting together all the clips for this video. The students really get into it, that’s for sure! 🙂

Denise

5. I recently stumbled on ‘ A Year of Genius Hour — What Have I Learned?’ on another website and after reading what you are doing I just had to send you a BIG KUDOS – YOU ARE AWESOME! Thank you so much for stepping out of the mould.

6. Hi Denise,
    I truly am in awe of all that you do! We had to cancel Genius Hour #2 due to weather. However, we will be forging ahead this week. I will be sharing the video of your students as I want my students to see how the older students feel about Genius Hour!

It’s great to see the ‘football’ finished. I know it was probably more work than expected but the result is worth it!

Thank you for all you do!

Nancy

1. Thanks, Nancy! I just had to add that football. It was one of those projects where he definitely identified and solved problems! And he didn’t give up. I loved what he did! I’ll be sure to show him your comment.

Yes, you did have some weather, didn’t you? I hope all is well with you and yours. Have a great time at your next genius hour.

Sincerely,
      Denise