Day 17 – #AprilBlogADay – Thankful

TGIF – What are you thankful for on this Friday?

I am always thankful. If things are going well, I’m thankful for the good things. If things are disarrayed, I’m thankful it’s not worse.

This Friday I am thankful for my husband. My thoughts and words seem trite as I formulate them, but here is an example of my first hour in the morning with him. He wakes me up because he’s already up, so I don’t need an alarm clock. He brings me a cup of tea, perfectly sweetened and creamed. This morning, while I was getting ready, he also brought me a glass of water and a Sudafed. Quite often he brings me a bowl of cereal with milk and banana slices. That’s just one part of my day, but he’s always taking good care of me. He delights in serving others, and I’m around so often, I get the benefits. I’m very thankful for the gentle starts to my days.

I’m also thankful for Gallit Zvi. We have been working together on a project, and we were able to finish this week. I’m thankful for the easy way we communicate and how we have a variety of strengths between the two of us. I think we complement each other. When I’m with her in a GHO or in person, it’s easy and comfortable. It seems like we’ve known each other much longer than we really have.

I’m thankful that the friends we’re taking to the airport in 15 minutes are going to take things to mail to my daughters and to my KG class’s pen pals. That way they will arrive much sooner than if we mailed them from here.

And speaking of my girls, I’m very thankful that they have become grown up, talented, thoughtful, contributors to society. They are constantly in my head and heart.

And speaking of my kindergarteners, they are too cute, and they teach me new things every day, like how to count to ten in Arabic, for one. I’m thankful that I get to have this once-in-a-lifetime experience with them.

4 thoughts on “Day 17 – #AprilBlogADay – Thankful

1. Thank you for this post, Denise! Such a great reminder that we have so much to be for grateful for. And I want you to know how thankful I am that I get to work with you, my friend. You are amazing. Sending you big hugs!

Love
    Gallit

2. I am grateful that I read your post. Being grateful and appreciating those around you is so important. The last couple of years, my family and I have experienced some significant losses. I often have to tell myself that life is short and to let the little things go. I feel happier and more peaceful than before. Which doesn’t seem possible but I am.

I am thankful for my husband and daughter, who help me remember to enjoy every moment. I’m grateful to my sister-in-law who is entertaining my daughter so I can do school work. I am thankful for my job, teaching kindergartners. What a wonderful joy! Everyday is a new journey. My family and friends who have supported and loved me. My teacher assistants who are there to assist me in guiding our students in their learning.

1. Thank you, Mindy,
      I’m sorry for your losses. Your losses have helped you to be more grateful, it seems. I’m glad you are feeling at peace.

People seem to top our lists of what we’re grateful for, which is as it should be, don’t you think. What an empty life if the things we were grateful for were just things.

Thank you, Mindy, for reading my blog.

Denise