Dare to Care

create, communicate, collaborate, and think critically

My Hands are Full and My Brain is Empty

Today is another busy day at my school. We will soon be inspected by a government agency, so I am busy in my room preparing evidence and organizing piles that have gotten out of hand.

Last night I was tired and had a lot of work I could do. Instead, though, I chose to bake chocolate chip cookies. Sometimes baking is the best stress-relieving therapy, so I baked and ate. I brought most of the cookies to school today. I told my department colleagues if they could find the golden box in my room, they would find a treat to help get them through the busy day.

Can you find the golden box? Help yourself!

My hands are full of work today, but I brought a golden box of cookies. Who wants some? #cy365 #t365project

A post shared by Denise Krebs (@mrsdkrebs) on

Author: Denise Krebs

I'm the chief learner in life's adventure.

10 Comments

1. Cookies make everything better! Hope everything goes well this week for you!

• Thank you, Ashley. I appreciate the well wishes. I have a couple more busy days to finish my preparations. Then we will be on the downhill.

2. I spy the golden box! Will you send me a cookie?

3. What a great idea. Being under the lens is always stressful – making and sharing a sweet treat will be a pick me up for all.

4. Somebody (I wish I remembered who!) recently sliced about rage baking:) I agree, baking can cure so many things. What a nice stress reliever!

5. How in the world did you get your picture to look like that?! So cool 🙂

• Thanks, Aileen. I get no credit for that photo. I have a “wide aperture” setting on my phone. You just focus on what you want in focus, the rest is blurred.

Skip to toolbar