Slice of Life – Saying Goodbye

Today’s Slice of Life at TwoWritingTeachers.org, 14 December 2021

It’s been a few weeks since I’ve written anything here. I came today just because I don’t want to fall completely out of practice.

I’m emotionally exhausted these days because, after eight years living in Bahrain, we are leaving soon to go back to the U.S.

Though we have some things we are looking forward to in California, every day left here I see so many people and experiences that I will miss. I’m trying to enjoy every moment, like these from today and yesterday:

yesterday’s going away lunch for my husband at his hospital
this gift from a former fifth grader, now in high school (complete with my favorite Bahrain building in the center)
these beautiful church school teachers who sang together at church last evening
this gift from Sushma (because we forgot to take a picture at breakfast this morning)
learning to make appam this afternoon with a friend

4 thoughts on “Slice of Life – Saying Goodbye

1. I have enjoyed learning about Bahrain from you. What an enriching life experience you will carry with you always. Best wishes for your move.

2. How hard it must be to say goodbye! These pictures are just the very minimum of your memories, I am sure. Your writing will help you treasure these days! Best wishes, as you make this huge move! May your new home be welcoming.

3. So glad you took time to keep in practice and write today. I loved seeing all your images. Definitely lots you will miss. I am glad you can document it to hold onto all your fond memories. Safe travels back home!

4. Thank you for documenting so much of what you’ve loved in Bahrain, Denise. I’ve learned so much! If I know you, you’ll keep your lifelong learning alive when you head back to another place you love. Keep enjoying this journey! Sending love,
    Joy