Slice of Life 9 – A Six-Word Story of Earth #sol24

9 March 2024 TwoWritingTeachers.org

Earth’s fragile ecosystems long for survival.

When I grew up in California, we always had the green season (winter) and the brown season (summer). Fortunately, with the rains of the past two winters, our green season has come  back. I took this photo near Hemet on Thursday.

On another note, Leigh Anne wanted to see the inside of the junk journals I made. I took a few photos…

Here are the four junk journals I made for my nieces. I dropped them off at their busy house this week.
Here are a few selected pages and pockets.

20 thoughts on “Slice of Life 9 – A Six-Word Story of Earth #sol24

1. Denise,
    The gorgeous green mountains look idyllic. Love your six words and your fun photos of the journals.

2. I am always impressed when people share their artistic creative journals. They speak of joy of creating. Thank you for sharing.

3. What a beautiful landscape! I’m glad the green season has returned…green is so much prettier than brown!

4. I agree with your story. What are junk journals? They look and sound fascinating.

5. Denise, when I first glanced at the photo, I wondered if you were in Ireland with the green, craggy hillsides. It looks like a scene straight out of The Hobbit. And yet it’s right here in the USA, in California, right where you live. The landscapes of your hiking day and today’s green season and your junk journals are rich with wonder and beauty. And…..today I blogged about the tea latte from the mountain hike day! Cheers!

6. The green season and your junk journals are beautiful. “Fragile ecosystem” is the perfect description of our Earth’s current state. I love your six-word story.

7. Your photo made me want to walk in those hills. We need the green in so many ways.

8. I sure want to try making one of these journals. I’m really hooked, but I haven’t had the time to fool around with this. Might have to be a summer project. Beautiful use of photography in your post today, Denise!

9. Beautiful post. Beautiful six word poem and fabulous journals. Thank you, Denise! I havent investigated “junk journals” but they remind me of “altered books” (I have been working on one of these). So much fun to create!

10. Beautiful picture and six (important) word slice. These junk journals don’t look like junk. They look like creativity and art!

11. I love that your six word story acts as a caption for the image. On its own, the image is beautiful, but your words give it such meaning, such purpose. Thank you for sharing!

12. Appreciations for your foto report & 6-word sadness, that we need to know.
    I’m already imagining the creativity those gals are into, with your journal sparks.
    {CAn’t bear to call them “junk.” You & Linda ought get etsy shops!
    Happy DayLight Saving Weekend! Jan/Bookseedstudio

13. I almost missed the six-word story just gazing at the green hills! Those six words were precisely crafted, and could be the title of an entire treatise on climate change. Thanks for sharing your junk journals, too! This past summer, I swam with a practitioner of that craft, and was almost inspired to take a course she recommended…but the summertime lazies took over.

14. I love the beauty in both your picture and creative journals. Thank you for sharing!

15. I love the six word story and the photo and those journals are just too good. Your nieces must absolutely love them!

16. Dear to my heart, your 6-Word snapshot of our home! After seeing “junk” journals from within, I wonder at the oxymoronic name. Wow!