March 25 – 5-4-3-2-1 Reflection This Week

March 25, 2023 TwoWritingTeachers.org

I followed Britt’s lead today, using Canva to write a reflection on my week using this 5-4-3-2-1 format. I first saw the reflection on Heather’s post last Friday, and then I saw it more and realized it is also a popular exit ticket for students. It’s been a couple of years since I’ve been on Canva, and now I’ve used it twice this week. Even without a school email any longer, I was able to do a lot using the basic account.

I am participating in the March Slice of Life Challenge: A slice a day for all of March. Thank you, Two Writing Teachers!

15 thoughts on “March 25 – 5-4-3-2-1 Reflection This Week

1. Denise,
    The best thing about this reflection is what you learned about white supremacy and white nice. I see you’re still reading “White Women.” And about that snow, we’re gonna have to have a chat! It has snowed every day here in southeast Idaho. Unless we snowshoe there will be no hiking.

2. What a great way to reflect on the week…it looks like you had a good one. What are Butler’s soy curls?

3. This slice shows not only are you a learner but a creative learner! Showing this is the nudge I need to explore Canva more. Fingers crossed for your pantry project! (a future Tuesday slice!)

4. What a clever way to slice! I wish someone would create a shared document where we could all go in and add our three or four favorite slicer forms. That way, when the well is running dry on ideas, we’d have them available just like this at our fingertips. I love that you are watching The Magician’s Elephant. Let me know how that is. I like watching a movie from time to time, but the thing is that I want the review and to know it’s worth the watch before I get entrenched in it…..is that selfish of me? I get emotional and wrapped up, so I try to use good strategies about picking what I watch. I do love the Canva platform and the form of this writing.

5. Very cool, Denise. I definitely think Canva seems to be a great site. I’m going to have to play around with it more. Happy Saturday and weekend to you!

6. What a neat format! It’s great how you can get so deep – — moving from going on hikes to white supremacy!

7. This is a wonderful tool for reflection. I am not familiar with Canva – but I heard about it several times this week, yes, yes, yes. What a cool habit this would be, I think, to write these at week’s end – and, of course, keep a file of these, so that you could bask in all that was accomplished. Good stuff!

8. How fun to read about your week! I love how you wrote “every single time” when telling that the snow on the mountain made your smile. It conveys a different level of specialness.

9. I use this same reflection in my notebook. It’s quick and easy but also gets me to think. I had forgotten about The Magician’s Elephant movie! Thanks for reminding me.

10. I’ve read a couple of other 5,4,3,2,1 slices these past few weeks. I think they are a fun and easy way to slice and reveal a lot about the author. I second you on enjoying snow from a distance. I love looking at the Himalayas when I fly up to northeast India, out of the plane window!
    I also want to know what Butler soy curls are!

1. Thanks so much Denise. I now have to find out if they’re available in Australia!